CREAMY VEGAN ASPARAGUS SOUP
Prep Time : 10 minutes | Cook Time : 30 minutes | Serves : 4
1 large bunch fresh asparagus
1/2 yellow onion
3 large cloves of garlic
Salt & Pepper
3/4 cup Vegetable Stock
1/2 cup Garlic Cashew Cream Sauce (See recipe here : https://adameslife.com/recipes/dinner/garlic-cashew-cream-sauce/)
2 large slices of french or other bread
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop asparagus into medium size pieces. Chop onion into large pieces. Toss asparagus with onion and garlic (in skin) in drizzle of avocado oil and toss with salt and pepper and thyme and place in oven. Roast for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
2. Remove vegetables from oven and let sit for 5 minutes to cool. Remove garlic from skin and place with asparagus and onion in blender. Add vegetable stock and cashew cream and blend to combine all ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can add less stock if you like a creamier soup, but this works out really well.
3. When you remove vegetables from oven, turn heat down to 350 degrees. Cut bread into large cubes and toss with oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook in oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
4. Remove soup from blender (my vitamix heats the soup if you leave it in there, otherwise, microwave if necessary to warm up) and pour into bowls to serve.
5. Add toasted croutons on top and enjoy! I added a dollop of cashew cream sauce on top and it rocked!